Monday, March 18, 2013

JBS March designer challenge

This month's designer challenge at Jillibean Soup was a good one!!!
We had to use as many different patterns of Jillibean Soup paper on one project without it looking bad :)

I was super inspired by this idea and had an instant thought of what I wanted to do. So, I pulled out my stash and scraps and went to town! I decided to make a ton of piecharts to add to my background to get as many patterns in as possible.  In the end I used 65 papers and it took me 5 hours to make this page! YIKES, that is a long time - it took the most time to sort through my paper and choose just the right ones.

Here is what I came up with:
I stuck to a colour palette of grey/teal/yellow and green. I started by making a simple pie chart out of a scrap of cardstock and then I pulled out all my scraps of these colours, dumped them on the workdesk and just started cutting! I adhered the piecharts to my base paper and then stitched circle/spirals over them when they were all laid out.
When I was done, I started layering stickers and die cut shapes, along with my title and photo. I kept the layers pretty simple as the background was so busy.

The new Chilled Cucumber Soup stamps are perfect to stamp and add a little extra bit to your photo or even a tag. I love the mini people that come in the diecut shapes and the corrugated shapes too!


Hope you like my take on the challenge - this is one of my favorite new pages. I love that I got to combine a lot of old and new Jillibean Soup into a page and I don't think it is too much. What do you think?

I hope you are following us on the blog, as we share these projects all month long. There are already a ton of great ideas from the DT using tons of Jillibean Soup product! Make sure you are sharing your projects with us on Facebook and Pinterest... we love seeing your work and you could be featured in our weekly Soup Spotting post!


1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow! That's a TON of work, but it's simply stunning.