Monday, March 06, 2006

Late, late night

Last night around 9:00, I noticed that Kirby had a red eye. We decided that we would wait until the morning and then call the vet to check it out. By 1:00 am, yes I was still up, it was much worse, and in fact, he couldn't open his eye at all and it was really puffy. So, we called the 24 pet hospital and brought him in.....

1 hour and $225 later... turns out he had somehow scratched his eye and needs drops for 10 days, not to mention the cone he has to wear to stop him from scratching at his eye. (itchy, I suppose) Poor dog couldn't get comfortable to sleep, and neither could I....plus DH was snoring. So, I was up until 4:30 am....grr.

So, today, I will try to take a nap...that all depends on DS #1 and his attitude. Being a bit of a crankpot these days....hopefully, I can scrap a little tonight after the kids go to bed...I still have to pack for tomorrow's cropping!

Nick-out

2 comments:

WandaT said...

Gotta love the emergency vet clinic, and their prices too!! Never dull. Those cone collars are interesting. I used to work at an animal hospital. They are quite funny, but very helpful.

Vanessa said...

oyyyyyyyyyy...that is one pricey midnight run! poooowwwr kirby!