Thursday, December 04, 2008

Merry Xmas to me!

Wanna see what I bought myself for xmas last night?



and these cartridges too:




I read the reviews...weighed the options...and dove in...I didn't have any sort of die cut machine..they are far too bulky and the cartridges are pricey and not a lot of options.

Let me tell you..I tested it out last night -- I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!

1) The cartridge is basically a card like you would have for your camera. How cool is that!

2) On each cartridge, you get an alpha AND images....for the same price as a cartridge for 1 image for the competition.

3) The images are much more current than the ones you can find with the competitors. Much more in the now, than what else is out there. I find that most of the other die cut machines stuff is basic, and cheesy.

4) If you read the instructions and start it properly -- it cuts great! I tested it out on CS and pp yesterday...no problems for me!

5) Each image/alpha can be cut in 1/2" increments from 1" all the way up to 4". Very cool.

6) It only weighs 2 lbs...and is completely portable.

Now, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to line up my paper so I cut the entire image well...without wasting paper. That, I will gladly practice with!

So, I am one happy shopper..and scrapper. I plan on playing with it a lot this weekend...hoping I can create a few things and post them here for you to see!

Oh yeah..the kids thought it was the bees knees...and even DH was impressed.

I give it 4 stars....out of 5 (only because of the current paper wasting thing)

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I'm so jealous! Enjoy!

Julie said...

WOW! Those are some great facts,and a great start to die cutting up a storm.Love the cartridges you chose.

Vanessa said...

great review..happy to hear it works so good...i can't wait to see it ;-)

and thanks for picking up the "goods"...thank you thank you!!!!

redmom said...

Yay I'm glad you got it, I knew how badly you wanted one!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it, I know it will all be amazing!!!

Deborah Marasa said...

ohhhhhh, I'm so happy I'm your friend!!

Boo said...

Oh I love it!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!!!

Unknown said...

That was my concern when I first saw the Slice. I know I can use my Cuttlebug and have very little wastage of paper.

Good to read your review, though :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! TY for the review!

cindy said...

Thanks for the review. I'll have to keep it on my wishlist and cross out something else. ;)