Monday, February 23, 2009

6 more sleeps

until i have my surgery and our new baby!

I finally managed to pick up three 10x10 canvases for the baby's room. Still not 100% sure of what I am doing with them... all I know is that they will each be a different colour and I have the paints pick out for that....I might wait to finish them until after we know for sure if it is a HE or a SHE.

As for names...FINALLY, we have chosen the names... seriously, we had the boys name picked out for months...but could not come to an agreement on the girls name. I would like to have both just in case fetal assessments are wrong...or right! lol (for all you out there still guessing.. :O)

Been trying to relax this last week, but truth is -- I have been quiote busy! I have barely been home...the kids and now Ian are sick, so we spent a few trips going to Dr. appointments....then there is the time I have been volunteering at each of the kids schools, board meetings and then the last minute errand running that needs to be done before the big day.

Both the boys were quite seriously ill when they were each 2 weeks old and had to be hospitalized...so I am quite paranoid/sensitive about bringing the new one out of our house for the first few weeks of its' life with us. I seriously don't think I could take it if all three of my kids were hospitalized within the first month of life. so...I have no real plans to leave my house -- at least with the baby -- for a few weeks. Call me crazy...but I just don't want to have to go through that again, not to mention the strain on my boys, family, and all the stuff the poor baby would have to go through.

Seeing 2 kids have spinal taps at 2 weeks old is enough for one person in a lifetime.

I have been busy working on DT stuff for So Sketchy! and Skrap N Chat this past weekend...and will have that scrappy news to share on Sunday... at least I think I can share it then...other than that... not a whole lot going on!!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Well I never had a baby that young so sick,but I had a 10 mth old in an ICU and that just about did me in.I don't blame you at all for staying in your house.The worse thing is trying to keep people with germs from coming in.Hopefully all will go smooth for you.

Can't wait for your DT stuff,and for the grand arrival of baby Nowosad:)

Scrappytbear said...

You must be so excited about your little one coming so soon! I am really hoping all is ok for those first few weeks you are concerned about :( Horrible to not be able to help them; Im sure things will be ok this year! Lol
Cant wait to see what you do with the canvases for the baby room! Ive been looking for ideas...

Vanessa said...

Hey Nicole :-)
I am sending you good wishes that everything goes smoothly, naturally you would be worried given what has happened in the past with N & L..I hope this time there is just wonderful happy newborn baby time and nothing else!
V

Anonymous said...

Less than a week?!
Will you be sharing your scrappy news from the delivery room at the same time you share the birth news?:)
Hope everything goes smoothly and I hope the rest of your family get well real soon.

redmom said...

I don't blame you at all for staying in with a wee new baby!! I think you're really smart for that actually!

I saw a Mom with a new baby, we're talking no more than a week or two old, at Disney On Ice last weekend. That really bothered me.

Try to rest up a bit before the big day!