Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scrappy Sunday!

I couldn't believe that I had time today to scrap a page.. I mean, I even had a hard time with it! I had NO DT obligations to fulfill - and I couldn't get started at first! I love having DT "homework" as it inspires me to create.. but today - I had no plan! lol

So, I took a stop at Scrap That! and was inspired by a challenge there to use Versamark creatively.

Well, I dusted off my Versamark Ink pad, added in a few stamps from Prima, and Studio Calico, even a little clear embossing powder and my heat gun (had to dust those things off too)... and with a little spritz, and rub of my Glimmer Mists...
I came up with this:

Have to admit, I am a tad proud of how it came out. I LOVE my new Prima doily stamp, and although it took a wee bit of time to make the actual background paper, I can say - I will be doing it again soon!

I think it is missing something, but I couldn't decide what...so I just left it.


22 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hey there Nicole! I so understand what you mean about DT homework..LOL..would you believe I also have a very difficult time scrapping 'just because' layouts..Unless there is some kind of challenge I cannot get started. I LOVE this layout..the photo first of all is so gorgeous. I also love the background..WOW..you stamped all that? I have to try that. I dont think the page is missing anything ..it is just as it should be, If you added anything else it would take away from the perfectly placed embellies. Hope you have a good night! Nadia.

Deborah Marasa said...

that looks awesome!!

Deena said...

very pretty...it is not really missing anything...but you have no splatters...or banners...or pretty little clouds...i could see how it would feel naked to you just from that....but i love it...

Michelle said...

Gosh, I think this is just perfect!! I LOVE the background!! Kudos to you for all the stamping and misting!! Looks amazing!! I don't think it is missing anything either. Beautiful work!

Kerryn said...

Oh my gosh that background looks amazing!!! As does the whole layout!!

TFS

curlyqmosaics said...

Fantastic layout! Love the background paper you used too. Beautiful!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I think its perfect just as it is! So pretty!

Julie said...

You have so much DT homework that I don't even know how you get all that done.

This is great! The background paper looks like you bought it that way,and I love all the flowers.

Diana Fisher said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I love that you made that background!

mse006 said...

i love the page!! its goregeous!

Unknown said...

That Prima stamp is gorgeous, just like your layout! Beautifully done!

Vicky Alberto said...

So awesome!!!

Renata Scrap said...

Congrats on Creative Scrappers DT!!
Beijos :)

Elizabeth said...

Nicole so good to be working with you on Creative Scrappers DT, congrats on making the team!!!!
e.

Diana Waite said...

GREAT color! I know what you mean it's hard to get going with out the "pressure" of an assignment! :) It looks great!

Pam said...

Congrats on the Creative Scrappers CT!! So excited to work with you and get to know ya!!!

Nenne said...

Congrats on making the Creative scrappers DT! Can't wait to get to know you better and get scrappy with the sketches!

What an amazing back ground you created there! inspiring!

Christiane said...

such a gorgeous page!! looking forward getting to know you better!! :))

Mette said...

Congrats on making it to the Creative Scrappers CT! I´m so looking forward to work with you!

Caroline Elliam said...

congrats on making de CS team! Your layout is amazing!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your take on the sketches!

yuko Tanaka said...

Congrats on making the CS team!!
Looking forward working together with you!!!