Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jillibean Soup tutorial - Pinterest Ombre

Hey it's TUESDAY!! That means it's time for another tutorial over on the Jillibean Soup blog.

I am up today with a Pinterest inspired project, using an advertisement as my inspiration for the page.

Here is the ad I found on Pinterest:



This idea got me thinking squares. So, I went to work cutting some small squares in a variety of colours and created a semi-ombre looking page from it:





I added in one of the new mini chalkboards from Jillibean Soup and used a white Distress Marker to write on it. Although actual chalk works, I am too messy in my printing for it to look good, so the marker was a better option for me.


So, this is my final page, with all the squares lined up in the way my brain envisioned.



If you are interested in the tutorial, check out the Jillibean Soup blog HERE
See you soon :)

1 comment:

Ruth G said...

What a great take on this inspiration! I love the idea of the squares and how your LO came together is really wonderful! I am definitely pinning so that once scrapbook season starts up again (that would be after Christmas gift-making season ends;-) I'll want to give this a go myself! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!