Friday, February 20, 2015

October Afternoon - Friends

Good morning and TGIF!!! I am excited about today's project share.

I created it for my GDT over on the October Afternoon blog this month and it is one of my favorite pages lately for a few reasons. Here is the project:


I admit, I mostly scrap pages that have 1-2 photos on them. I know the mass of people don't do that. That is okay. But, I am also excited in a scrappy nerdlike way, when I can get more than 1-2 photos on my page without it feeling cluttered. I chose stole these photos of my online buddies from their facebook pages and scrapped them. Sneaky Sneaky, but had to be done. I have a feeling they wont' mind :)


I hand cut a simple title from some scraps of paper and added them under my photos, mixing up the colors I used on the page.


After I popped the photos with dimensional foam adhesive, I seriously grabbed my scrap pile of October Afternoon papers and got to work. I cut 1/2" strips of paper and started at the bottom of the page and worked in rows, adding strips of paper, mixing the color and patterns. Now that I see my page here, it is crooked!!! YIKES? that is embarrasing:(


At any rate, it is what it is now right!? Once I had all the strips placed, I sewed them down the middle and then started to add co-ordinating embellishments to some of the blocks - buttons, labels, pop drops, etc. You get the drill.

It is one of my favorite pages for a few reasons... first, because I scrapped photos of good friends I rarely get to see, and it is scrapped in my weird and quirky way using papers that I love. Paper can really go a long way folks. Believe in it :) With that weirdness, I wish you a happy weekend! Please do stop by the October Afternoon blog and say hi please?

No comments: