Friday, February 06, 2015

October Afternoon Guest Designer!

Happy Friday!!

Today is a good day, for a few reasons.

1) I am off work today. I work full time outside the home and having a few flex days off per month allows me to get some non-interrupted scrappy time in all day :)

2) My talented friend Jody (she is an amazing sewing, scrapbooker and card maker - check out her blog) is coming over to play with paper later tonight, so that makes me happy :)

3) I am guesting over on the October Afternoon blog all month!! YAY! I have loved October Afternoon forever and I was so honoured to be asked to contribute this month.

Today, I wanted to share with you my very first project that I made for the announcement today. I was sent the new Saturday Mornings collection, but seriously pulled out all my October Afternoon that I have been hoarding for years.

I seem to always buy something from one October Afternoon collection or another and just don't make time to use it like I should. Anyway, here is my first page:




You can see I used my trusty Cameo to cut my title from white cardstock and lined the back with different patterned papers from the Saturday Mornings collection. The whole thing was popped up with some dimensional foam adhesive straight onto the woodgrain background paper. Such a pretty woodgrain paper and perfect neutral for a background with lots of patterns going on like this one.




I felt the need for some piecharts, mostly cause I love them :) So, I used small bits of paper from the new and older lines to create each piechart. I also used lots of October Afternoon stickers, Pop Drops enamel shapes and Sprinkler mist around my page in the empty areas.



Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I would REALLY appreciate it if you would pop on over to the October Afternoon blog every Friday this month and leave a comment on my projects!?

Pretty please :) Thanks so much!

No comments: