Thursday, December 08, 2016

Believe

Feeling festive?? I am ! I dove deep into the holidays this year and made a few holiday themed scrapbook pages and wanted to share this one with you today!

This is one I made for the Jillibean Soup blog using the Holly Berry Borscht collection and some scraps of paper!


I have to admit - this is my kind of project. I love working with smaller pieces of paper, and find it way less intimidating than that first cut into a 12x12 full sheet. Making do with what you have is what I like best.

This tree came together with a series of simple strips of paper in varying sizes. I layered them up together, largest on the bottom, to smallest on top, while trying to switch up the width and color of those strips along the way.



I decorated my "tree" with some of my favorite May Arts natural twine, adhesive sequins and Jillibean Soup wood sprinkles and a little bit of machine sewing too.



I couldn't resist a little sparkle and shine, so I added in a gold foil diecut title from JustNick Studio to the bottom of the tree, a glitter star punched star and a few rounded half circles of gold foil throughout the tree itself too.



I love how this one came together and how it made a small dent in my never-ending pile of scraps I just can't seem to get to the bottom of. I hope you are inspired a little to make a tree of your own, for the holidays or otherwise!

No comments: