Thursday, December 15, 2016

Quick and Easy ornaments - Fancy Pants Designs

Hello hello! I had a project hit the Fancy Pants Designs blog the other day, and thought I would share it with  you!

Fancy Pants has come out with some fantastic rub-ons to co-ordinate with their Merry & Bright collection, and I thought that they would look great on some clear ornaments I picked up from the local craft store.

Check 'em out:


The rub-ons made for a super easy project - quite simply. I placed the design over the clear ornament and used my rub on tool to stick it all together! This one here is my favorite - it's using one of the rub on titles in the Merry & Bright collection:


Sorry for the glaring photo - hard to do with gold foil and clear ornaments! I some other sentiment rub ons on a few other ornaments and then on the last one, instead of rub-ons, I attempted to add some bottle brush trees to the inside of the ornament.



It was quite easy really. The trick is to have to correct size of bottle brush trees that will fit down the neck of the ornament. These ones in the Merry & Bright collection are the smallest and fit the best! I simply added a glue dot or two to the bottom of the wood tree base and then stuck them inside! I added some fluffed cotton and a few gold glitter balls I had in my stash to add some sparkle.


I am pretty happy with how they turned out ! A really quick craft to do when you are feeling crafty, but are short on time this holiday season!





No comments: