Wednesday, January 02, 2008

happy 2008

Time for a long awaited update.

Christmas pretty much sucked.

I am being a complete baby about it, so please bear with me.
Let me start off with one thing:

I LOVE GIFTS. I love the notion that someone has to carefully choose for me something which, I hope, I will love and adore.

The whole process for me is thrilling. Holding the gift before opening it. Guessing what is inside. Squishing it, smelling it and shaking it. All of it.

So, of course, I am like a kid in a candy store at Christmas. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birthday is in December too.. I don't know.

Anyways.

I got bad gifts. Really, I mean, I was only getting 2 -- and I would have hoped that there was actual thought involved in the process for the people who purchased them for me.

I know -- it is NOT about the gifts. And that IS NOT my complaint. It was the lack of effort that was put into the gifts that angers me.

Both gifts were given to me by my family. (not my DH) And BOTH gifts were things that THEY would have purchased for me, that they have been telling me I should get-- not things I would like -- but their idea of what I should have wanted, kwim?

Pretty manipulative if you ask me. Whatever. I took them back. Now, I got what I wanted, but that is not the point.

Anyways, end of that rant.

I have been a busy bee the last few weeks on my vacation. I honestly can't even say what I have been doing .. but I feel like I have been so busy.

New years resolution time.

Big surprise for me to say what mine is:

LOSE WEIGHT.

Yep, I plan on continuing on losing the last of my weight this year. I am hoping for another 30 pounds or so in 2008.

I can do it. I know I can. I just need to be vigilant in it. Dedicate it to MYSELF and no one else.

I am worth it.

Now, I am also choosing a word for 2008. Mine is: TRUTH.
How did I come up with that ?

Easy -- I need to be more truthful about my feelings.

I don't mean that I lie alot and need to stop -- that is not what I mean.

I simply need to be true to myself and others at all costs. I need to stop being afraid to say the truth, and stand up for what I believe in. Maybe the word should be TRUE, but I think TRUTH is better.

Do you have a word? If so, what is it and why???

Make 2008 a great year. A year of change and new beginnings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TRUTH, eh! That almost sounds like it could tie in to "MC Mix-a-lot"! ;) But seriously, that's a good word, and you've got the right idea. More people should take a lesson from you and do the same (myself included).

And gotta say - I LOVELOVELOVE your LOs, especially the Dude one - how cute!

~eva

Vanessa said...

great resolutions nicole...it will be a great year all the garbage of last year & work is behind you and dang girl you have already made such a difference in losing weight dept-total inspiration to me!

love your word-moi-i have none yet. hmmm.

sorry about xmas, i totally hear you.

here's to 2008!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry that your Christmas sucked.You certainly deserve some love and thought.You will loose the weight! I have faith in you.I hope you have a great year Nicole:)