Friday, December 05, 2008

back to the canvases

ok, so i know this subject is boring for most..bare with me...lol

what size canvases do you think would be best for my project? I was thinking of hanging 3 in a row on the wall.... 8x8 or 10x10? I am looking for opinions...

also, if you know of a website out there where I can buy swatches of cool fabrics instead of having to buy a whole yard/meter of it, please share...I am in the market for some.....plus, I would like to make a quilt! Yes, I found a cool pattern on the Amy Butler webiste that was free, and would love to try it out. I have also joined a sewing forum...think I might be getting a new machine for my b-day... ** crossing fingers ** and even if I don't, I would love to sew more.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well E-Bay has fabric and I think the size of your canvases depends on how many you want to use. I think you could use more of a smaller canvas,but it is totally up to you and I am sure it will look great!

Vanessa said...

I say 10x10...it would be a nice size. I think 8x8 may be a little small??

I love the AB patterns..just wish I knew how to sew for real and not just scrapbook paper. Well I did do that valence..but it was just one super long stitch..lol!!!

I have another site I will get for you..the lady sells squares..I had found it as I was interested in learning how to quilt as well-but I know that won't happen any time soon ;-( Anyways her square are very hip and cool :-)