Friday, January 02, 2009

It's a new year

Time to reflect on last year....2008

Well, to be honest -- not a good year for me.

5 people I know died.
Work problems at both jobs.
News that Noah cannot get a cornea transplant.
Learning some things about people that I didn't think was possible.
Not a lot of scrapping mojo.

But, there were a lot of good things too.

New baby on the way.
Work is much less stressful.
Noah's eye hasn't gotten worse, slight improvement now. Scarring is lightening a little, will never go away completely.
Learning the importance of the important people in my life, and to treasure those that stick with you through thick and thin, no matter what anyone thinks.
Being published several times in Cdn. Scrapbooker and being offered a new opportunity for 2009!

So, I can't say it was a horrible year, but really, the last couple of years have not been the greatest. Work stress has pushed me to the max, and I am still dealing with the mess from leaving PH over a year ago. I guess that is to be expected when you are somewhere for several years, it takes time to get over as it becomes an important part of your life.

Anyway, onto 2009! It should be a great year from what I can tell so far. Lots to look forward to. I will enjoy being off for most of it with my kids, so, 2010 will be tough as I will have to eventually go back to work FT.

As for resolutions for 2009 -- I only have 1. GLASS HALF FULL.

I am going to try my best to be more of the kind of person I should be for me and my kids, and learn from one of my best friends Vanessa all about it. If I can be even half the positive person she is, I will be successful.

Happy 2009, and to 2008 -- good riddance!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post girl!! Let go of the past and all the bad things in it unless it can be rectified. If it can't don't stress over it. As Steve always says:"No sense worrying/stressing over something. If it happens, all you can do is work with it or make it better.You can't change what's already happened."

Jocie said...

Glass Half full!!! I agree....goodbye to 2008 HELLO to 2009. This year will be MUCH better for you. You DO have friends that will be with ya till the end!
Love ya :)

Vanessa said...

okay-giving you a big old mushy CYBER hug!!!
you do have so many wonderful things going on and to look foward too--2009 will be a rockin' good year for you Nicole!!!

Boo said...

Here's to 2009! You have a lot to look forward to. "they" always say don't look bad. It's in the past, leave it there.