Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Scrapbook & Cards Today blog!

I am up today on the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine blog sharing a quick project using Instgram and Polaroid frames!

 I broke out my new Maggie Holmes premade fabric frames and an instagram photo and created this page.  Tomorrow I will be sharing how you can get a similar look with paper and a little something extra that is new and out there !

I added lots of little bits to my page on top of the quilted background. I love these little Crate Paper clothespins and added an even smaller one by My Little Yellow Bicycle. Adding a layer of paper and using lots of foam dots helps the frame pop off the page.
 I added some pre-fab stickers, chipboard and epoxy dots to the page, over the quilted background.
 All I did to create the background was to cut 3" squares, and cut them in half, into triangles and then laid them out into a quilted square shape, making sure to change up the patterns along the way.
I used my Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic that I had been hoarding, and I should note that, aside from the background paper, I only used a 6x6 paper pad too! I love that you can get all the patterns for CHEAP and make them go a long way too!

Come back tomorrow to see another project - and visit the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog to see how you can make your own frames quickly :)

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Loving this page!! So very pretty!!

Diana Waite said...

what a lovely layout!