Saturday, July 06, 2013

Meet the Team at Scrapbook and Cards Magazine!

For the next week or so, the DT is taking over the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine blog to share some of our favorite tips and techniques with our readers. We are also supposed to share a little something about ourselves too at the same time.

Today, is my day on the blog - I thought I would create a page about me, since it is meet the team week and all that!

 Made with the June kit by Kelly Purkey for www.simonsaysstamp.com

My tip was all about using 6x6 paper pads - truth is, since the invention of these handy things, I haven't bought very many pieces of 12x12 paper - unless you count a good, non-busy background paper.
I love that you get a good value from the packs and a good feel for a collection, without all the extras you may not want.

There are lots of ways to use a 6x6 paper pad, and one of my faves is to punch it or cut it into different shapes like these circles here that I layered over each other with similar colors but different patterns of paper.



















I stitched my circles down, cause every page needs a little stitchery right :) I also added some fun Basic Grey diecut shapes and tags, and a little bling with sequins.




















I cut my title with my Cameo using the font Arsenale White - another new fave font for me.

and I finished off the page by making a polaroid like frame with this pretty floral shape from the Silhouette store:



















I hope you will check out what the DT has in store for you all week on the blog - stop by and say HI while you are there!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

AWESOME!!

Rosey said...

very pretty!