Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bella Blvd + gold ! = ...

AUTUMN!

Well, I hate to say it, but fall is already in the air around here :( I hear it is supposed to be another long, and nasty winter here in Canada... but before that, we should enjoy every bit of fall right??

Today's challenge on the Bella Blvd. blog is all about GOLD - a new trend that is out there in crazy amounts!

Now, Bella Blvd does not make GOLD stuff... but they do make great papers that work really wonderfully with gold! The new Hello Autumn line is PERFECT to pair with gold, so I gave it a go and came up with this project:



I started off with lots of great papers from the Hello Autumn line and then thought - how am I going to add in gold- title! Score! I heat embossed the chipboard alphas from Bella to a shiny gold hue:

They are pretty perfect! I wanted to add more gold, so I cut some scribbles on my Cameo and heat embossed them too, layering more Hello Autumn paper over top and some diecut leaves.
I finished my page with a few little bits of gold stitching and a diecut title and Bella Blvd. tag:

DONE! It really was that easy to come up with a page using the gold trend!

Please stop by the Bella Blvd blog for more gold inspiration!



1 comment:

Melinda AKA medialady said...

I love this idea of heat embossing the letters and elements in gold. They really make this beautiful autumn layout stand out!