Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Jillibean Soup - Photo wood plank photo!

1 more sleep until Santa comes!!! In our house, the 9 and 5 year old have been counting down the days until the big man arrives... me, I have been counting down the days until I get a nice extended weekend from work ... lol

Today marks my 1200th post on my blog!! Wow, that seems like a lot to me!! I just want to say a big THANKS to those of you that still stop by - and especially to those that say HI every once and a while! Stay tuned in the next week as I will be involved in a large giveaway of sorts !

Anyway, I am sharing a cool project I made for Jillibean Soup this month, using one of the Mix the Media wood planks. I used the 8x8 wood plank for this project.

I am not a great "project" person, and usually stick to just paper and glue and all that... but the wood planks are an excellent challenge and REALLY easy to work with!! The DT at Jillibean Soup has done an amazing job with all the Mix the Media surfaces, so I really wanted to try to do as great of a job as they have been doing and step outside my box a little.

Anyways, here is what I came up with. I found a couple great tutorials on the internet on how to get a photo onto wood and thought it would be perfect for the wood planks!




After I had my photo transferred over to the wood, I let it dry completely. I wanted to add some other Jillibean Soup embellishments to it - and added a layered diecut Wise Word shape, a Wire Word, a Wood Sprinkle gem along with one of the fun Notebook tags


I really like how it turned out - I think these would be great gifts for a family member! Really easy to do too. I found the idea on Pinterest!

I will be taking a bit of a blogging break over the holidays... so wishing eveyone who stops by the blog to read, comment, or even lurk :)... have a Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!