Monday, January 26, 2015

Scrapbook and Cards Today - Winter issue

I've been working behind the scenes on my upcoming projects for the spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine.

I thought it was about time that I share my winter issue projects, before winter is over! (gosh, I hope it is over soon.....)


Each issue I have two assignments that alternate. This issue, I was in two different magazine features.

First up was the 3T's - technique based approach. I was tasked to use dies to create a quilted look to my page.

I love the quilted look, but honestly had never tried it using dies!! It was quite easy to do using simple circle and square dies. Here is what I came up with:


(suppplies: Fancy Pants Oh Deer! collection- tags, chalkboard stickers, alphas and papers)

I created the circles by adhering several diect squares to some plain cardstock. Once I had 9 lined up I added two different sized circle dies (tack with some washi to hold in place) and run through my diecutter! I was left with some rings which I added to my white base. Once I filled up the one side of my page, I added a boatload of stitching to complete that quilted feel. May sound like a lot of work,but really, it was quite simple! In just a few short steps, you can get a unique look on your page. I will definitely do this again. Perfect for those that have simple dies and no electronic diecut machine, like a Silhouette.




Next, I created this page for the 3DC challenge in the magazine. This feature is where 3 scrappers get the same base products as we all create pages using those same items! Fun right? This issue had some great Jillibean Soup papers in the 3DC challenge and I knew right away I would cut up the number paper for this page:



I was also sent some Doodlebug doilies and attempted to create a tree by folding some doilies together. I wish it had turned out larger, but it is kind of cute.



The spring issue will be out soon and there are some great feature articles this round! I have a couple challenging assignments and hope you will stop by to check them out!

No comments: