Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fancy Pants + some sketches!

 I was asked to contribute a couple sketches for a great Canadian online store called
Let's Capture Our Memories. I used to be part of their design team a few years ago so I happily said yes!

I created a layout sketch and this co-ordinating card sketch.




Here was the card that I made with this sketch, using some of my Fancy Pants Summer Sun (I really love this collection).


I started with this type written "paper". Basically this is a paper I made by simply typing out text over and over in Word and printed onto plain white cardstock. I added some watercolor red/pinks to it and then some black mist droplets too.

Once that was all dry, I layered it over some papers from the Fancy Pants Summer Sun collection, and a leftover triangle I had diecut out of some vellum in my stash. I stamped a Technique Tuesday sentiment and added that over a chipboard heart from my Fancy Pants Wood Veneers.



I really love how that typewritten paper turned out and will do that again for sure!

Next up is the layout sketch I created!








As you can see, it is a pretty basic sketch. The fun parts are all around the outer edge of the page. This is really up to your own creativity! I have a few different ideas for that outer edge, but here is what I came up with this time.

(oh! and can you see that I typed my name wrong on the sketch ! DUH)


I used the Fancy Pants Designs Making Waves collection for this page - I used the large alphas for my title and started with a navy paper from the collection. I added some trimmed down white cardstock and then went  crazy trimming down strips of the Making Waves collection for around the edge. Once I had them all in place, I just added a bunch of stitching around the edge and then finished off the page with some die cuts, wood veneers and Fancy Pants sequins.

Look how awesome the large title letters are ! I love that you get a mix of solid and prints in the package :)



That's it for me today! I hope you will check out what the Let's Capture Our Memories team did with these sketches!

No comments: