Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hello Sweet Smile - Jillibean Soup





Hello hello! I am trying to get back into the swing of blogging. Summer relaxation hit me and slowed me down quite a bit... :)


I am here today to share a page using the Party Playground collection by Jillibean Soup! This is actually a DIY party themed line, with paper straws, paper bags, linen drawstring bags, cake toppers, etc. You get the idea!


As soon as I saw the paper straws, I wanted to do a layout with them. I have always liked the rolled paper look, but who wants to go to all that trouble rolling and adhering them down! I used the straws from the Party Playground collection on this page instead of rolling paper on my own.



I trimmed the straws in half and laid them out in a repeated pattern across my page, leaving space in the middle somewhere for my photo. I used some scraps of paper from my stash, along with some of the Party Playground paper bags behind my photo, finishing the whole thing off with some Beanboard alphas and a Jillibean Soup wire word! (LOVE those)








Once I had those straws cut, the page came together quite quickly. I did use some liquid Tombow adhesive to stick those straws in place, although I think hot glue would be quicker as the liquid does take time to dry and I had to hold the straws in place for a bit.







I really like this look ! and so super easy.. so if you have any paper straws kicking around, I hope you will give this a go! Be back soon with more projects :) Hope you are doing well!



No comments: