Monday, May 23, 2016

Jillibean Soup - Grateful for You





By no means am I am expert card maker. I am one of those people who likes to use what she has and so cards is my perfect outlet to use up some of my "stuff". I have a problem tossing pretty little bits and pieces of paper and so I take that as a bit of a challenge to use in whatever means possible in a card!


This is a good example of that! I used some die cuts from the Sew Sweet Sunshine Soup collection by Jillibean Soup to house some tiny scraps of patterned paper from the Mushroom Medley and Healthy Hello collections. I was able to use up a few little bits and you can't even tell, it was basically ready for the garbage can otherwise!





I used a scrap piece of this brick paper from the Soup Staples III collection as my base for the card and then adhered those filled in little quilted shapes. I took a "Joy" wire word from Jillibean Soup and bent it to look like the word "you" instead; stitching it down with some twine to hold in place.





 


Not too bad for some "garbage" hey! It is amazing what a few little diecuts can do :)

Thanks for popping by!


No comments: