Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Shimelle - Boy week




This week's challenge on the Shimelle blog is all about BOYS!


Unfortunately, scrapping by boys takes a back seat, for a few reasons. Mainly, they don't have the patience with me to take their photos right now at their age. Those tween/teen years are tough on a photo taking mama! So, I am mainly left with a lot of action type of photos, which isn't in my normal style to scrapbook.  I took this as a challenge for this project to get some of those things to paper so to speak.




I started with this series of photos of my sporty son fooling around on his skateboard in our front driveway. I printed them off to 3x4 size each  and added foam adhesive to the back of the one photo of him looking directly at the camera.




I used a few different cut files for this page from my digital cut file store JustNick. First, the Graphic Chevron background, that I altered slightly to be more repetitive and also the Sk8er cut file because, well, it is totally appropriate for these photos!





Scrapping boys doesn't have to be difficult, I chose more graphic designs for my page that took a lot of the "prettiness" away, but the soft yellow and minor pops of pink that I snuck in there soothe my girly side :)




I finished off the page with some harder embellishments that feel more masculine - metal clips and wood enamel dot buttons, along with diecut star shapes from my All Boy cut file





I really like how this one came together! It isn't overly boyish, and that cut file background is one of my new favorites!

No comments: