Thursday, January 12, 2017

What we love about Lucas - Shimelle

Hello! Anyone out there? I took a bit of a break from blogging and only posted my projects on Instagram or Facebook, but wonder if that works for people? It's a tricky slope for me, wondering if people do read blogs anymore.. or are we saturating our social media "feeds" too much with scrappy stuff? I don't know.. what do you think?


At any rate, I have a project to share with you today as part of my catch up that I made for the as one of the contributing designers for the Shimelle blog. Our topic was all about embossing... and this is what I came up with!


I used one of the papers in the True Stories collection for most of this layout. Well, I ended up with more, but the intention was to use that one sheet - it's a multi color thicker striped paper  green/blue - and that  was it. In the end, I usually add more! HA!




As you can see, I trimmed that paper up into strips and then embossed the different colors with two different embossing folders - both polka dots to they work well together, but different sizes to make it a little more interesting. I added in some polka dot papers with other colors in there, to bring in a little of that red from my photo. I added some simple journaling strips to each of my embossed strips and then added some small embellishments throughout.






I added a really simple title along the top of my strips and LOVE those black thickers. Foam thickers are my favorite alpha by far. Chipboard is nice, but always falls off :(







That's it for me today! I hope you are a little inspired to add a little embossing to your next project !


No comments: