Friday, July 02, 2010

Some news

So, I have some news to share, not such great news unfortunately....I no longer work for Couture Cardstock in any capacity. Along with the rest of the Design Team, I was informed two days ago that my position there no longer exists. Major financial changes within the parent company, Cardstock Warehouse, have been made, and major restructuring of Cardstock Warehouse is occurring. Despite the recent warm welcome that Couture received in the industry, the new structure is leading the company in a direction that eliminates the positions of all the former staff , even including the Couture President CarrieAnne DeLoach. As to the future of Couture Cardstock, I am not certain exactly how thing will develop. Questions can be directed to Cardstock Warehouse staff directly.

I want to thank Heidi and Alyssa (my DT co-ordinators) who were AWESOME To work with.. so organized, friendly and sweet! They did SO much work for Couture, I feel badly for them in this situation. All the DT ladies were amazing and talented and I will miss working with each of them!

Since my projects I worked on for CHA are no longer needed.. I will share them with you now! I was tasked to make 3 monochromatic pages for the booth with the colours I was assigned.. here are the 3 pages:





I was also asked to do 1 10x10 page with assigned patterned papers mixed with certain cardstock and here is what I made!


I wish I had the page still to take a photo of the stitching on it.. boat loads of criss cross action going on!


10 comments:

Vanessa said...

So sorry to hear this..what a major dissapointment :-(

I love your pages & wish they could have been on display at CHA!

Unknown said...

your pages are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Unknown said...

So sorry to read of your loss.

Your pages are quite beautiful, however.

Jocelyn said...

Love your pages...they are all just Perfect...

So sorry to hear this news!!!

Heidi Kelley said...

Those projects are amazing, Nicole! I will so very much miss working with you, but we will NOT be strangers. Hugs!!

Sue Sykes said...

Oh that's too bad, Nicole! Hopefully you receive your pages back quickly!

Peggy N. said...

Sorry to hear your news. But your LO's are all gorgeous!!

Kristine said...

that's unfortunate for you and for them as well..

Deb said...

Gorgeous pages, Nicole! I'm so sad that this is happening, but at the same time, I'm so glad to have been a part of it for at least a little while! I made lots of new friends and I am hoping we can all stay in touch! Blessings!

Amie said...

I'm sad for you Nicole! It's interesting too because I know the Color Room use their colors as inspiration. I've been a rep in the industry for 7 years and just quit my job too because so many of my independent stores have closes. Scrapbooking definitely is going through a change but fortunately looks like things are still going gang busters online!!! Hand in there! P.S. Did I tell you how spectacular your projects were, Loved them all!!!