Thursday, June 19, 2014

Silhouette tutorial - make your own mini book!

It's tutorial time ! I have a tutorial up on the Silhouette blog today on how to make your own minibook using Silhouette product.

I love the self-adhesive cardstock sheets and used a lot of them for this fun mini book. I have a different cover up on the Silhouette blog, but I also make some Disney autograph books for each of my kids as we are headed there this summer! I saw a great cover on the blog of Lisa Truesdell and was inspired to cut a large Mickey head out of my cover using my Silhouette and then went from there.


You can see that there are several sheets stacked together inside of the book, and then adhered directly to the cover inside. I hid some of the messiness with some self-adhesive gold foil paper too to finish off the inside of the book.



That's it! It looks like a lot of steps, but really is not that bad. Once you get all your pieces cut, it is quick to assemble! My kids love their books and the size is just perfect for their needs.

To check out the complete tutorial- head over to the Silhouette blog HERE. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is seriously so rad. I've never made a mini book, but now you have me wanting to give it a shot.