Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hip Kit Club cards!




Good morning!! Ah, it's the weekend and my official countdown to vacation :) One more week of work left and I can enjoy some relaxation time!

I am stopping in today to share some cards I made using the June Hip Kits that hit their blog this morning.  The kids always seem to have one birthday or another to head to each month, so I am trying to load up my birthday card stash.

Here are a couple quick cards I made. All three cards together took me about 1.5 hours to make. I am not a quick card maker !  

I had some scraps from a pie chart on my desk and used it to trace a pie chart from some scraps I had in my kit. I am always trying to have some more masculine cards in my stash that my boys can use, and now that they are getting older, that is a little more difficult. I thought this was one that they could use for their friends if they need. I like the Crate Paper chipboard sentiment, mixed with the Elle's Studio mini alphas in the kits!



The chipboard stars by Freckled Fawn add the right touch too. I needed a card for my middle child's 10th birthday last weekend so I created this card for him using some Pink Paislee Atlas paper and those same chipboard stars, but in blue this time.




I really love the foam Thickers and this font in the Crate Paper Poolside line is perfect for cards - it is small enough to use as a sentiment!





I wanted to use this PL card from the Pl Add-on kit as a sentiment as I thought this card could be used for a girly birthday or another happy occasion. I fussy cut out some flowers from the Fancy Pants paper in the kits that matched perfectly!




From there, all I needed to do was add a little twine and some enamel dots from my stash!  I love a simple card.





That's it for me! My July Hip Kits are on their way ... and I can't wait to get started creating with them !



No comments: