Wednesday, August 02, 2006

13 days

Till we move. Seriously, I thought I would be much more prepared by now.

What to pack? What to keep unpacked?

For example, do I pack upmy scrap stuff for the next two weeks? or not? Can't imagine doing NO scrapping for two weeks....so, I won't.

Finally, Ian has packed a few boxes today. Don't think he gets the whole pack evverything thing.....he thinks we can just shove a bunch of clothes in the car and head over. Right....that will take forever.

Getting a little sad too....didn't think I would. I mean, I don't like this house. It is old, and needs a lot of work still. I mean not work to make it look better, work to make it liveable. Noah's room was always cool in the winter, think the wall needs to be re-insulated. That kind of stuff.

Gonna miss the memories in this old place though. The first steps, the first feedings, the rooms I painted for the boys, the basement. I will REALLY miss the basement. My pride and joy in this place. Gonna miss all that.

Thank goodness I scrapbook, 'cause I plan on taking a ton of pics before we lock it up for the last time. Lots of journalling opportunities there.

Nick-out

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

i bet you would be sad!
you have spent so many years there, and even if it isn't perfect..it is still "home"

great idea to do the pics..that will be awesome for the boys--they will enjoy looking at those when they are older!

Anonymous said...

Not that you'll have time with all your moving...but I've just put out a challenge I thought you would be interested in….I'm "hosting" a group of scrappers all wanting to do the challenges from Ali Edwards new book. Come over, check it out, and play along!!!