Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Jillibean Soup - tone on tone

Good morning!!

It's been a few days since I've posted - I've been stuck to the couch with a stiff neck and feeding my Mad Men addiction. I am a little late to the Mad Men party, but I love me some Don Draper ;)

I am here today to share a page made with lots of Jillibean Soup and a few tips on popping items on your page, using a tone one tone colors.


I started off my page by choosing a few colors to work with and then got to work, layering papers on my page. Truthfully, the page was pretty boring, so I grabbed my trusty punches and then punched some papers in the same color scheme and pattern and popped them on with dimensional adhesive to a few of the shapes.


I decided to shake up the colors a bit and reverse the colors and add some stitching. This added a little touch of pop to the strips of patterned paper.



I loved mixing the gray patterns together - the look goes well together as the colors are similiar, but switching up the pattern adds a little pop to the page.



I couldn't resist adding some of the Wooden Nickels to the page.



Here is my finished page. Next time, I will go a little larger with my shapes and breakd out my Cameo for it :)

Please stop by the Jillibean Soup blog and say hi !

2 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

Beautiful layout ! Love what you did with the circle !

Leanne said...

another amazing LO!!