Thursday, January 08, 2015

Silhouette - Easy mini album

Good morning!

I love giving gifts that are useful. I found a great mini album in the Silhouette Design Store that I thought would be a perfect gift for a teacher or family member. I made this before the holidays but forgot to post it until now :)



I chose the 3x4 mini album with gusseted pages design as it was a perfect size to fit in someone's handbag, or even keep on their desk or in the car.

I decorated my mini album with the poinsettia design cut multiple times and layered with some foam adhesive.

 What I love about this album is the clear stickers I was able to make quite easily that embellish the cover and inside of the album itself. You can see the scroll snowflake here tucked behind the cover.


The album could be cut from cardstock or patterned paper, but I chose to use the Silhouette chipboard and leave it neutral so it would match my papers.


Once assembled, the album pops out of the back cover and you can easily add stickers, the dividers and tags that come in the design set.


You can see that I used a lot of stickers to embellish the inside of the album. I simply arranged several suitable designs onto one sheet  and offset each shape slightly. I removed the cut line from the actual design, and left the cut line on the offset for each shape. 

Once I printed off the designs on the Silhouette clear sticker paper, all I had to do was add the page back to my cutting mat and cut the designs out! I LOVE this technique and will do this often!

Here is a view of the sticker sheet I created and used for the album:

I cut some dividers from the main album design out of vellum and added stickers and some sequins from my stash.






Now all that is needed is memories to record inside!

Designs used:
Poinsettia
3x4 mini album with gusseted pages
Joy
Peace
Snowflake Split Scroll
Ep Special Delivery
Ep see this, check this
Believe title
5 Chevron Arrow Borders
Doodle circle frame /embellishment
Dear Santa title

No comments: