Friday, January 23, 2015

Silhouette - Hello Adorable

Hello and good morning! I am just sharing a quick project I made for the Silhouette America blog last week, using one of my favorite types of design files- the background!


Each background shape really is unique. They are more than just something to place behind a photo or even over your entire page. For my page here, I trimmed the design in half and added a ton of papers behind the openings.



Some people may think that this is a lot of work. It can be, but depending on how you do it, it is easy too! You can simply create a template for the inside piece and cut several out of your patterned paper - slightly larger, or you can make a piece out of scrap paper and go one by one. I do this alot as I find it therapeutic and often when I cut a ton from my machine, I have a lot of waste.

Either way works great :) I finished off my page with some lovely gold foil for part of my title - seriously one of my favorite Silhouette products that I highly recommend!

 


Have a creative day!

No comments: