Thursday, October 22, 2015

Simple Button frame- Jillibean Soup




I have been thinking about this project for a while, after coming across it on Pinterest. It is not my sole idea! However, it is quite addicting, so be careful if you attempt this at home :)




I love buttons and when I came across a project similar to this one on Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a try with one of my favorite Jillibean Soup Mix the Media frames. I used the Burlap frame for this project.









I cut a large A with my Silhouette Cameo out of a piece of mint cardstock. I then dove into my button stash and started stitching the buttons to the cardstock, filling in the areas with large and small buttons. Once it was all complete, I stitched it to the burlap frame to hold it in place. The frame itself has a hard backing on it so you can't directly stitch through the actual burlap, so to get the stitched look, this was my solution!








It looks so pretty and I have to admit, I am quite proud of it! I made a similar one in a smaller frame for a baby shower decorations and I am going to use another Jillibean Soup frame like this one, only smaller with an N to hang in our kitchen! Such a great and easy project :)



No comments: