Monday, February 22, 2016

Shimelle weekly challenge - Monochromatic!

This week on the Shimelle blog, the challenge is to use a monochromatic colour scheme. 

This is what I came up with using some of the new Shimelle Starshine collection:


I find a lot of inspiration from mixing different colours and so the thought of just using one was a bit of a challenge for me until I broke it down into being just all about shading! Once I wrapped my head around the idea of using a monochromatic colour scheme, it was really just about shades of pink/red and not so much about using "one colour" anymore.


I used several different colours and patterns of pink/red in the Starshine collection and kept the lines clean by using small 1" squares of the different patterns and colours and arranging in a quilt like pattern to help mix up the various shades of pink/red in the collection!


That's it for me! Thanks for popping in :)

No comments: