Friday, December 30, 2016

Holiday Centerpiece - Fancy Pants Designs

Well, Christmas is over and New Year's Eve is around the corner. I have one last DIY project to share with you from our holiday season that I created for the Fancy Pants Designs blog this month.

I started with a plain Jane candleholder. Pretty basic, fine... but totally boring! I really love the gold foil star vellum in the Merry & Bright collection and had a bit of an idea.... and got to work.

I measured the height of my candleholder and then trimmed my vellum down so it fit that height. I wrapped it around and luckily for me, there was a very small 1/8" overlap. This was good, as I did need some of the vellum to overlap so I could adhere it together.




I used some Ranger Glossy Accents to that overlap and held in in place a few minutes until it was stuck together. This took maybe 2-3 mins, so not too long.   I added some gold glitter washi tape from the Millie & June collection along the bottom edge.

Next, was to cover up that overlap! I added a swag of craftiness I had in my stash, and tied it all together with some ribbon. I glued that to the vellum and then tied on a tag from the Merry & Bright collection tag pack. I love the pop of red it gave and that gold foil embossing is just so pretty!



You can see that the vellum actually slides off the candleholder, so when I want to use it post-holiday, I can simply remove it and carefully store it away!


I really love how quickly and easily this came together. I am thinking I could either remove the tag or switch it for another to keep this up a little longer, over new years! Happy New Year!

No comments: