Friday, December 23, 2016

Joy to the World


Happy Holidays! December is here and I am all ready for Christmas in our house. The tree us up and even most of the gifts are wrapped. I have been working on some holiday themed projects for some DT assignments and wanted to share this one with you today that I created for Jillibean Soup this month.




I started with lots of the Holly Berry Borscht collection by Jillibean Soup. I also used a cut file from my digital cut file store - JustNick studio. This is the Holly Background 2. I cut the background from a white brick paper in the Soup Staples III collection and then popped the whole thing to my background with foam adhesive. I had intended to fill those empty holly berry holes with red paper, but I like the way they are open and the background popping through, so I went with it!




I die cut some holly leaves and berries from more Jillibean Soup papers and added them to my page, after I added my photo and the journaling card. I LOVE using holly and berries in my holiday projects - something different than the standard trees I see on a lot of pages.





I added some sparkly Jillibean Soup adhesive sequins and wood sprinkles to the mix and the page is complete!



I really love how this one came out! The background really pops with those fun holly leaves in the patterned papers! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate!

No comments: