Thursday, July 13, 2006

Special people

I am luck to have a good people in my life.

First of all, I have a great friend who remembers every occasion--little or big.

Jacquie.

Yes, you.

You blog lurker.

She sends the boys little things every now and then. Shirts and candies for Halloween, e-cards on their birthdays, and for no reason at all. She even sent candles for Lucas' birthday that spelled his name. How cool is that.

What a great person. What a great friend. Thanks J.

I am lucky to have you in my life.
Even if you are tons of miles away now....

Then there is my cousin Jennifer.
Lucas' godmother.

She sent him this ultra cool Build-a-Bear NY Yankees bunny for his first birthday. Which he hugs at first sight.

So, what you don't know, is that when my cousin was a kid...and even now in her 20's, she has been crazy for 2 things.

1) Bunnies
2) the NY Yankees

In fact, Ian and her talk all the time (when she lived here anyway) about baseball.

So, this gift is extra special for him, since she went to so much trouble to make it just for Lucas.

Lucas is so lucky to have her in his life.

So am I.

Who are you grateful for?

Nick-out

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

lots of "friend" people i am grateful for..

my friend Rosa--we are 2 peas in a pod-like we have known each for a lifetime-but we haven't-only a few years-but our paths were meant to cross-we know that! she is so thoughtful-love her for that!

and i am grateful for a co-worker,who is always willing to help-even when she is swamped-she will go out of her way for others.

and i am grateful for my mom-who is my bestest friend. she just IS.

and nic-i am grateful for the friendship i found with you thru our common passion for scrappin'..

and (sorry i know this is long)..i am grateful for my online friends--no matter what-never far away from a buddy, someone to chat with,vent with, laugh with, share with..

p.s...that bear is too CUTE!!!

WandaT said...

Cute pic!
Yes, thank goodness for great friends.
Have fun moving if that's possible.

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm guilty! my new profession is "lurker", it doesn't pay all that great.
I'm grateful that fate brought us back together when it did, it has been how many years since we met in jr high? I will not do the math.
I'm grateful for my Mom who doesn't hate me for moving myself and my family 2 provinces away.
I'm grateful that my husband and girls rock! Even when my girls are driving me crazy!
I'm grateful for this darn internet for keeping those I love close even though they are far.
I'm grateful for Michely, her and Nicole are my life long friends, friendships that started many years ago that distance will never take away.
And thank goodness Nicole has a Lucas or who would I have bought the candle for? Did it make it b4 his b-day?
I will also be grateful if you don't fall asleep thru my little novel here.