Friday, September 07, 2007

friendship

this week's blog topic on Love Is In The Details is to blog about Friendship.



So, here we go. I am going to be totally honest, so hopefully, no one will be offended.



Friendship.



Not one of my most favorite topics. I have been lucky to have a few great friends in my life.



Kirsten was the first. Her and I were quite close -- we even looked similar and even played sisters in a junior high drama play.



She went to a different school than me in high school, we didn't keep in touch.



Jacquie was next. We were quite close too. Two peas in a pod really. Lots of good times together. Lots in common -- yummy lime slurpees and nachos from 7-11. She is crafty too, in an artistic way. :) We had a small spurt of not talking for a while, but worked it all out. Then she moved to Edmonton. We try to keep in touch -- she is much better at it than I. I am too cheap for long distance calls. A true life long friend. Don't know what I would do without her.



Now, there are my scrapping friends. I have my scrapping buddies, who are awesome and lately have been around for me, when it seems I need it the most. Who would have known that a craft could bring people close together. Sometimes, I think because of this amazing hobby, these people know me better than almost anyone.



Couple friends. Ian and I talk about this all the time. We have had a few couples that we could hang out with and just have fun with. All gone. Moved away, or got divorced. End of friendship. We are in the market for a new couple or two or three -- if you are interested, please apply here... LOL. Seriously, we both miss the days when we could go out to be normal people and not just parents. Time together, being social.



Truthfully -- I have a lot of people that I call friend, and they are. But, I don't have anyone that I can hang out with, go out for lunch with, girly stuff. Haven't had that for a long time.



I have always been a social type of person. Good in groups. I, personally, think I drive people crazy one on one. I never shut up really.That is why I don't really have these kind of relationships.



So, friendship means a lot to me.

5 comments:

Julie said...

You got a friend in me.........Ok,so I will stop singing Toy Story songs.Well I only know you as an on-line friend,but I think we could go out and stuff our faces and laugh and I would give you a run for your money on the chatting:) You could teach me a thing or two in the scrapping business too.

Laura said...

I get where you are coming from Nicole and am trying to change it a bit but it's hard sometimes. I totally get ya on the couples thing!
Too bad we live so far apart or I would submit an application...lol!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean/feel about not having anyone to go for coffee with and lunch etc... I used to be out every day having coffee with friends and sometimes lunch or we'd be playing cards at each other's houses. But since I've been in this town.... I'm at home every day either with Steve or alone with my dog.

Boo said...

Too bad we aren't closer, I think we would get along great! I hope you are able to find couple friends again. It's always nice to have.

Vanessa said...

I am happy as pie to call you my friend! Glad this papery stuff we do brought us together! :-)