Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quick flower tutorial today!



Yes, it is.. at least I think so! I found some inspiration this month using the May kit - The Story. I really loved the pretty coral paper in this month's kit by Bazzill Basics. I dug into my previous Scrapbook Circle kits and found a coral flower from Pebblies Inc. that I hadn't used from a previous kit - like these ones here:
My problem was that I only had 1 flower - I like to use multiples of three on a page - so I improvised and made these:
 
They were super easy to create too. Here is how:

1) Punch 3 circles out of your favorite paper from the Scrapbook Circle kit (I used 1.5" circles)

2) On the back of the circle divide the paper into sections - start with an + and just keep making the + into smaller and smaller sections that resemble a V

3) Take your scissors and trim one thin V section and then leaving one. Repeat all the way around. If it doesn't equal out exact, that is okay you won't be able to tell once the flower is together!

4) Repeat for the other 2 circles

5) Take some foam squares/pop dots and layer in between 2 of the circles. Add a brad or button to the third circle and pop dot to the top

VOILA! You are done!! Here is my page using these flowers as accents:
You can make the flowers in different sizes quite easily - just adjust your circle size! The larger the circle, the larger the flower! And you can make the "petals" as thin or large as you want too - just adjust in the back of your paper when trimming!  


3 comments:

Danielle said...

What a fun layout! Love how you created those flowers.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Such a cute page! Just love those flowers.

Diana Fisher said...

Such a great layout and I love those pictures! How fun!!