Sunday, February 03, 2013

Scraptastic sketch time

Every month at Scraptastic, we have a fun sketch to use to play along with!

Here was my take on the sketch:
I'll be honest - I like to start a page and finish it all in one sitting - I hate being disturbed when I am scrapping something... I was interrupted at least 10 times and scrapped this page over 3 days - hate that. I never seem to get the result I had in mind on day 1, does that make sense?
Anyway, this page didn't quite turn out as I had invisioned it... lol
Day one started out by misting my page with my October Afternoon Sprinkler in a pale mint colour - it's one of my faves - and then started on three grouping in each area as the sketch indicated. From there, I added the custom Cameo cut from the kit to my photo with some stitching and then used a ton of the Elle's Studio flags under the photo.

Day two started out with the second grouping, where I layered lots of embellishments. I used the journaling card in the kit, along with a tag which I stamped with a pattern and layered a wood veneer and more paper and stickers on top. Stitched it all down over a doily. I did stamp with some of my favorite Technique Tuesday - Ali Edwards - stamps and pop dot that sentiment on the card too.
Day three - needed/wanted to add the third cluster on the bottom of the page - but couldn't remember what I was thinking on day one ;) - so stamped all over some white cardstock with the sentiment and added some stitched hearts cut from my Cameo. At this point, I needed to get the page done and move on. That ever happen to you?

Anyways, please check out the Scraptastic Blog for this month's sketch as well as the rest of the DT takes on it!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Nicole!!

Andrea said...

It ended up great, but I totally know what you mean! I have to do it in one day too!

Michelle said...

It's a great page, Nicole! Fun photo too! (and yes, I can totally relate!!!! Lots of interruptions here).