Saturday, March 22, 2014

Janome

Good morning! The spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today went live and I am excited to have a few fun projects in the magazine!

I am also extra excited for this issue for another reason! I was asked to create a page for an ad in the magazine for Janome!

Now, if you haven't heard of Janome, they are the makers of sewing machines. Several good quality machines, I might add. They were so kind as to send one to me a few months ago and I am happy to report - it is honestly a great machine.

I was sent the Janome **insert model #** and noticed a few things right away.

1) It was light. This is good news for someone like me who moves it up and down off my scrap table all the time.

2) It threads easily and sews like BUTTER. I mean, so smooth. After sewing a litle with it, I couldn't believe how clunky my other machine was.

3)It is fairly quiet. Again, compared to my old machine, much quieter. All machines are going to be somewhat noisy, but this one does seem quieter.

So, all around a win-win for me!

I was excited to get to work to create a spring project for their ad and this is what I came up with:



I started off my page by choosing some pretty spring colours - yellow, pink, purple, with touches of blue and white. I had a lot of different colours chosen, so I decided to make a couple pie charts - gasp, I know. lol



You can see I added lots of stitching detail to the piecharts - and then they became flowers, and I added stems with even more stitching detail.



I wasn't quite done stitching yet - I added a frame over my patterned paper layers and added in some sunbeams around my flowers onto the background of my page.

 

Here is my finished page. You can see that the stitching is a big part of the overall design of the page. I love how it turned out - so springy and fresh!

That's it! If you are interested in the FREE Spring Issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today - check it out online HERE - or inquire at your local scrapbook store!

4 comments:

Ada Frank said...

Please share what model number this machine is

ALINE said...

This page is very cute!
I loved!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, Thanks for the shout out! I think that the Janome Shop at Home Model that you have is the G1218 (link below if that helps.) A similar machine in the US is the Magnolia 7318. This is a mechanical model with a drop-in bobbin. We LOVE what you created with this simple, basic machine. Super pretty and Springy! Thank you. - Deb at Janome

http://janome-sah.com/sewing-machines/juno-g1218.html

Kim said...

Hi Nicole. You layout it beautiful and the stitching is gorgeous! Your daughter is adorable too. I have a question for you about stitching on layouts. Do you use a universal needle or a Denim needle? I'm so confused which one to use. Thank you for the inspiration. Take care. :)