Saturday, December 27, 2014

NEW! Basic Grey Adrift!

I was very excited to be asked by Basic Grey to do a few samples with two of their new collections, and I am here today to share what I did with the new Adrift collection!

It is a nautical themed collection, but really has some great colors and patterns for non- nautical pages also, like this one here:

I layered my title with a fun design from the Silhouette Design store  - cutting the blue "remember" out of teal and adhering it over the same design cut in orange.


You can see all the different patterns here where I pieced together lots of triangles cut from various patterns in the collection. Although the rope and knots are quite nautical, I don't think they look that way pieced together with the neutrals and damask patterns!


Here is the other sample I created with the same collection. I have a thing about triangles these days and it shows here on this page. I love the aqua patterned background paper and used it as a base for the quilted background here.



I cut another title from the orange paper in the collection and then layered it over one of the rich navy blue papers. I added in some micro letter stickers from another Basic Grey collection.

You can see in this shot that there are some great transparency diecuts that are in the collection that are perfect for layering. I added some stamping  on it with Staz On ink, along with some square chipboard letters and enamel dots.


That's it for my Adrift samples ! I will be back tomorrow with some samples with the Prism collection!

No comments: