Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Silhouette America Tutorial - Hello Silly Face

I have a new tutorial up on the Silhouette America Blog today and this one uses two Silhouette products that I love, but often forget I have - Clear Stamp Material and Sketch pens. I thought I would use both for today's project!




I created the stamps and used the Silhouette software to do the design work for my page. I used sketch pens to create faux stitching on where I would do my stamping later on and even some circles around exactly where the stamp was going. Sounds a little complicated, but honestly was so easy.

A couple quick things to keep in mind when creating your own stamp: 1) Don't chose a thin design. Thicker more solid shapes work best. The stamp material is quite thin, so I have not had great outcomes with thinner designs. I chose a stamp I would use often (piechart) and went from there. 2) You can see that I used a bunch of different colors of inks for my pie charts - I find that PIGMENT ink works best with the Silhouette Stamp Material.


To check out the full tutorial- please head on over to the Silhouette America Blog!

No comments: