Friday, May 27, 2016

Shimelle - Precious Posessions




This week over on the Shimelle blog, we are taking about precious possessions. For my post on the blog today, I decided not to scrap about something that has a monetary value as my precious possession, rather a way to capture a collection of special items you may have kicking around your home too!

I chose to scrap about a project that I found in the collection of MANY projects my daughter has in her crafting area. A cute little about me book, with her own thoughts on herself (she is 7) and a few photos that she snagged from my extras pile.




I started by taking some photos of the project to use for my page, I did have to take the book apart, but put it all back when I was done :)






I chose to use each page of hers as a photo on mine. I printed them pretty small, but will include the actual words on the backside of my layout for easier reading.






Quite simply, I left the design of the page pretty simple - adding a grid of photos and large alpha letters for my design, using a quote from her little book as the title of the page. I suck at titles, so this was a good idea to me! lol




All in all, I like how this turned out! I was able to capture some journaling too (gasp) as I rarely do, but I managed to get everything I wanted on the page because of the simple grid pattern.





That's it for me today! I hope you are inspired to get some of those kids projects documented... I will likely do this more often, and toss out those that are piling up around my house. It is like honouring their artwork by making a page all about them!


No comments: