Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Basic Grey Highline GDT

A few weeks ago, I was asked to guest design for the Basic Grey blog ! Of course I said yes - I love all their new releases and have been a BG fan for years.

I was sent the new line Highline collection to use - and I came up with a couple layouts, a card and a quick tutorial. 


The collection itself is very bold and full of fun patterns - I love both those things.. and so I went right to work, doing what I like to do best. Trimming papers into small bits and moving them around.

I used one of the more neutral papers in the collection as a base, and then added pieces of virtually every paper in the collection around the edge of the page. I stitched it all down, and then went to work on the centre design of the page.



I added in some fun cardstock and transparency flowers from the diecut pack and layered them with dimensional adhesive to my page. I used a trimmed down Snippets card for my simple title.
 


Next up, I created probably the fastest card ever. Really. Truth is, I have had to make several cards lately for the upcoming CardMaps 4 and really wasn't feeling a lot of card mojo.



I was sent the Tape Strips from the Highline collection and used them to create the base of the card, layering them on some plain white cardstock. I added some stitching and then used a wood chip piece from the collection, with some fun mini alpha stickers and a die cut "you" to finish it off.
 

My last project comes with a bit of a tutorial.

I wanted to try something different to my page, and thought it would be fun to "pop out" some paper. I fooled around a little and came up with this page:


The bottom portion of the page is actually 3D - it sticks out, but when laying flat, it is not too crazy that it won't stick into my album later on.

 
 


If you are interested in seeing the full tutorial, check out the Basic Grey Blog- please stop by, say HI and let me know what you think.. I would appreciate it A LOT!!!

Hope you have enjoyed today's projects... be back soon with a couple fun things I have been working on.

3 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

You did so awesome, Nicole! BG looks good on YOU! Gorgeous and amazing!

Diana Waite said...

STUNNING!

ALINE said...

I loved this projects!
Are very beautiful!