Saturday, May 17, 2014

Trying out gelatos

A few weeks ago, I picked up a whole lot of gelatos - I love the look, but was skeptical as Iam so NOT an artsy scrapper. I love the whole watercolour look and was hoping gelatos would be wasy for me.... well, I will leave that up to you. I started off the page with cutting some images from the Silhouette online store - a pretty quatrefoil background and a pretty rose frame.


I enlarged this rose frame and cut off the actual frame part in my Silhouette software, leaving just the roses in tact. The roses are pretty large, but cut very nicely from the cardstock. I added some gelatos in a coral and gold color to my craft mat and then rubbed each of the cut shapes throught the gelato mixture until I got the desired color scheme on the flowers.

 


You can see that I used some gelatos underneath my phto and then added the quatrefoil background cut from pink patterned paper over top. I added in a few of the missing pieces of paper from the background cut (the reverse of the pink paper) and adhered them into some of the holes.

I also cut my title using a font from the Silhouette online store and popped it with dimensional adhesive to my page.





Here is how the whole things looks together when completed.



I definitely need to play around more with the gelatos - I think I am adding in too much water an over working. It definitely takes patience and a lot of testing out :) Be back soon :)

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful layout! I would never have guessed that this was your first time using gelattos. Love how you mixed the water color with the patterned paper. And what a fabulous font! I just got a silhouette and am looking for a good script font.

Scrapthat said...

It looks beautiful to me! I think it's probably like anything it just takes time to get comfortable with it and get used to the way it works. :D I would have never guessed by looking you were anything but an old pro at using them. :D

Kristie W. said...

You did a fabulous job with the gelatos! The layout is beautiful.

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful page. I love Gelatos. I have better results with certain cardstock. What did you use?