Sunday, November 23, 2014

Silhouette - easy layered holiday card

Good morning !

Let's face it, the holidays are just around the corner, and if you are anything like me, you wait too long to get to making your holiday cards.  I really love giving hand made cards, but often the do take a lot of time!

Not anymore. I found this pretty design from the Silhouette Design Store and went from there. It was really quite easy using my Cameo and some Silhouette Adhesive Cardstock.


As you can see, I cut the designs for my card out of Adhesive White Cardstock to take lots of the work out of the equation! I also cut the trees from green adhesive cardstock, and the cover for the card out of Silhouette Vellum! This added a nice sheen to the front of the card.

From there, it is all just layering. I cut a patterned background paper and then layered the snow scape and trees on top of each other. I added the vellum to the back of the frame portion of the card and then added some stitching detail to the whole card.


 I added some sequins to a few of the holes in the vellum to add a little sparkle to the front of the card.

I added a quick and easy sentiment by cutting the Peace title out of red patterned paper and adhered to the front of the card when it was all put together. 

A few layered vellum snowflakes finish the card off quickly!


This card would be quite easy to make very quickly, just cut out multiple designs out of a few different papers and assemble! Easy and quick.

Designs used:




No comments: