Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fancy Pants - It's a Party!




I posted a project up on the Fancy Pants Designs blog the other day and wanted to share it with you now! My assignment was to create a party project. Truth is, I had no clue what to do, there are almost too many things you can make!


I went ahead with some "Fancy" cupcake holders, using some Summer Sun patterned paper and some homemade cupcake toppers too :)




I started by creating these simple cupcake toppers with some circle punches, some corrugated paper, vellum and silver foil paper. I finished each topper with a patterned letter from the Happy Place collection to create my "sentiment".






I found a free cut file for my Silhouette Cameo for the cupcake wrappers and adapted it a bit by adding in a second layer of paper and a scalloped top edge. I cut the scallop edge from white cardstock and then the thinner middle strips from Fancy Pants Designs papers.






I simply layered it all together and added some sewing and then some sequins - both optional, but add a little homemade uniqueness!

That's it for me, I am off to eat a cupcake :)




No comments: