Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scrapbook Circle July kit

This month's kit - Sunshine Day - has lots of options for layering. If you are at all like me, you get completely gaga crazy over the embellishments in the kits each month! This month is no exception. You get to choose from stickers, labels, frame stickers, buttons, little coat hooks, die cuts, envelopes...the add on even has a stamp -- well, you get the idea! I dove right into all these things when working on my kit. They may not be made by the same company or in the same product line - but they do work well together!  Take a look up close to see it all in action:
A little tip is that when things at first just don't seem to "match".... think of ways you can tie them together...maybe with a neutral layer behind them or even some stitching!
 This page has a lot of these things in mind! I used a variety of different embellishments from the kit, and pulled it together in a neutral background with some coloured misted splotches, matting some items with the charcoal patterned paper and lots of stitching!
Hope you will find a new appreciation for all those extra goodies in each and every Scrapbook Circle kit!

and can you believe that the August kit - True Story - has already sold out!!! it is not even August 1 yet!
Here is what you are missing out on:

So, dont' wait - if there is a kit you want at Scrapbook Circle - grab it before it is gone!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

I always love your layouts!

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow the kit is awesome! Love all the stitching on your layout! Beautiful :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow, I love these layers and your tip about stitching ans the neutrals! Looks like an amazing kit!

Tracey said...

Love your layout!! Gorgeous!!

Shellye McDaniel said...

I think it's PERFECT...and so true about the stitching! TFS!

Tamika said...

Nice layering! The kits Hot like the weather huh!

Diana Waite said...

this is GORGEOUS!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the layers, great layout!

Sherri said...

Love, love, love all your stitching. A woman after my own heart :)

Kate Vickers said...

I love your sewing and layers! Great page as usual!

beckyjune said...

Nicole, thank you for your sweet (you're not wierd, I totally get it) comment on my blog. You know that I am a HUGE fan, I just love your work! I can't wait to see what you do with Pebbles ♥

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful layout ♥