Monday, April 15, 2013

My Favorite Things

I am super excited to share a couple projects I made using my friend Laina Lamb's stamps and dies sold by My Favorite Things!

I was sent the March release from Laina Lamb - which were these super fun and high quality designs:
  


Super cool right? I couldn't wait to get going, so I started out with a couple masculine cards - we go through them like crazy in this house:
I think that hand is THE most awesome thing! 
 The star dies are awesome ! The largest one has a circle rivet embossed design all around the edge (it is really hard to see in this pattern of green)...and I adore those small stars stamps!
 
Next, I created a page using a lot of these stars and some Jillibean Soup with my oldest. I got his to write down what his top 5 fave songs were right now and went from there:


 

So, after I did this boyish page - which this release is perfect for - I thought, "hey self, I should really do something girly with this boy stuff!"
( I talk to myself all the time...lol )

I broke out the guitar pick die and my 6x6 Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm paper pad and went to work cutting a lot of guitar picks to make this background:

 I have to say - I love how it turned out - it is such a "me" page - I love all those little bits of paper!
It did take quite a while to make all those flower shapes... the sewing was the easy part ;)

And, since it was about me - I had to add somee sparkle in the form of sequins and gold metallic thread (my new fave thing). I also used a Crate Paper photo overlay as patterned paper on my page:

That's it!! I have to say that I am very impressed with the dies and the stamps - I would definately order them again - in fact, I already have a few in my cart ;)



Post a Comment